Our mission, from our founding in 1907, has been the promotion of scientific research, the diffusion of scientific knowledge, and the unification of scientific interests in Illinois. Beginning in 1907, we have held our annual meeting at varying locations around the state every year since. In addition, our refereed journal, Transactions, has been published continuously since its inaugural first volume in 1908. Learn more.
Announcing Open Access
At the 2017 Annual Meeting, the Board made the decision to open access to all Transactions articles to the general public in support of free dissemination of research. Transactions retains its strong refereed process in determining suitability for publication of submitted manuscripts.
For the general public:
- You can search our of published Transactions articles and book reviews by author, year, or title (full or partial) from the search menu to the right, with the ability to download articles as PDFs. Publications back through 1942 are available, with those from 1908-1941 still to be added.
- On our Annual Meeting page, you can also download the complete supplements for our meetings which include all abstracts for posters and oral presentations at our annual meetings, beginning with the 2008 meeting.
Added benefits for members:
- Attend our annual meeting. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Submit an abstract proposal for an oral or poster presentation at the annual meeting. SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED
- Students sponsored by an ISAS member can apply for a research grant.
- Reduced publication costs in Transactions, $50/page for members, $100 for non-members
- Maintain your membership with credit or debit via our PayPal portal.
- We use an online submission process and an electronic review process. We have also changed our "print" look so manuscripts take far fewer printed pages.
- Publication charges for members are $50/page, $100 for non-members. You can pay publication page charges with credit or debit card via our PayPal portal. Authors receive PDFs of published manuscripts.
Comments? We hope you like the look and added features. More will be coming, so be sure to check back again. We invite you to provide your feedback on our comments page to help improve the website.