Abstract Submission & Registration Open for 2022 Annual Meeting
The 2022 ISAS Annual Meeting will again be held virtually, but with added participant interaction.
The meeting will also be compressed into a single, albeit long day, on April 9, beginning at 7:30am and ending at 7pm after the KeyNote address.
- Submit your abstact by March 11, 2022
- Register by April 2, 2022 to avoid late fees
Student Research Grant Applications
Student Research Grant Applications are accepted during September/October of each year with awards for the following year dispersed by January 1. For 2022 awards, application closed on Friday, November 5, 2021.
2022 Student Research Grant Winners
December 23, 2021 – Congratulations to our 2022 Student Research Award Recipients.
- Sirihaasa Nallamothu (University High School, Normal IL)
- Hunter Brugler (Bradley University)
- Samuel Knebe (Eastern Illinois University)
- Brianna Haase (Eastern Illinois University)
- Emma Chilcoat (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville)
Our mission, from our founding in 1907, has been the promotion of scientific research, the diffusion of scientific knowledge, and the unification of scientific interests in Illinois. Beginning in 1907, we have held our annual meeting at varying locations around the state every year since. In addition, our refereed journal, Transactions, has been published continuously since its inaugural first volume in 1908. Learn more.
We Are an Open Access Refereed Journal
At the 2017 Annual Meeting, the Board made the decision to open access to all Transactions articles to the general public in support of free dissemination of research. Transactions remain a refereed journal!
At the 2019 Annual Meeting, Publication fees for members were reduced to $40/page for members!
Recent Published Manuscripts
- [114-11] Diurnal Surface Activity in Ring-necked Snakes (Diadophis punctatus)Diurnal Surface Activity in Ring-necked Snakes (Diadophis punctatus) Authors: John G. Palis and Joshua J. Vossler
- [114-12] Analysis of Mating Patterns in a Highly Fragmented Population of the Endangered Blanding’s Turtle (Emydoidea blandingii) in DuPage County, IllinoisAnalysis of Mating Patterns in a Highly Fragmented Population of the Endangered Blanding’s Turtle (Emydoidea blandingii)in DuPage County, Illinois Authors: Rodney J. Scott, George M. Klut, Jean M. Dubach, Dan Thompson, Forrest Campbell, Kyle Mayer, and Timothy Chung
- [114-10]Flora and Vegetation Composition of Spring Bay Fen Nature Preserve, Woodford County, IllinoisFlora and Vegetation Composition of Spring Bay Fen Nature Preserve, Woodford County, Illinois Authors: Michael J. C. Murphy, Loy R. Phillippe, and John E. Ebinger
For the general public:
- You can search our complete archive of published Transactions articles and book reviews by the author, year, or title (full or partial) from the search menu to the right, with the ability to download articles as PDFs. Publications back through 1942 are available, with those from 1908-1941 still to be added.
- On our Annual Meeting page, you can also download the complete supplements for our meetings which include all abstracts for posters and oral presentations at our annual meetings, beginning with the 2008 meeting.
Added benefits for members:
- Attend our annual meeting each March/April.
- Submit an abstract proposal for an oral or poster presentation at the annual meeting.
- Students sponsored by an ISAS member can apply for a research grant. The 2021 application period has closed. The 2022 application period will open September/October 2022.
- Reduced publication costs in Transactions, $40/page for members, $100 for non-members
- Membership options with easy autorenewal with secure PayPal or Stripe.
- We use an online submission process and an electronic review process. We have also changed our “print” look so manuscripts take far fewer printed pages.
- Publication charges for members are $40/page, $100 for non-members. You can pay publication page charges with credit or debit card via our PayPal portal. Authors receive PDFs of published manuscripts.