Plan to Attend: 2019 Annual Meeting, April 5th & 6th at Bradley University
Abstract submission OPEN - through March 5, 2019.
Meeting registration OPEN - rates increase March 24, 2019.
First 100 students to register have registration fees waived!
Our mission, from our founding in 1907, has been the promotion of scientific research, the diffusion of scientific knowledge, and the unification of scientific interests in Illinois. Beginning in 1907, we have held our annual meeting at varying locations around the state every year since. In addition, our refereed journal, Transactions, has been published continuously since its inaugural first volume in 1908. Learn more.
We Are an Open Access Refereed Journal
At the 2017 Annual Meeting, the Board made the decision to open access to all Transactions articles to the general public in support of free dissemination of research. Transactions remains a refereed journal!
For the general public:
- You can search our of published Transactions articles and book reviews by author, year, or title (full or partial) from the search menu to the right, with the ability to download articles as PDFs. Publications back through 1942 are available, with those from 1908-1941 still to be added.
- On our Annual Meeting page, you can also download the complete supplements for our meetings which include all abstracts for posters and oral presentations at our annual meetings, beginning with the 2008 meeting.
Added benefits for members:
- Attend our annual meeting each March/April. Register now for April 5&6, 2019 at Bradley University.
- Submit an abstract proposal for an oral or poster presentation at the annual meeting. Submissions being accepted for the 2019 meeting at Bradley until March 5, 2019.
- Students sponsored by an ISAS member can apply for a research grant. 2019 saw a doubling of research grant amounts! Closed January 18, 2019. Will reopen November 2019.
- Reduced publication costs in Transactions, $50/page for members, $100 for non-members
- Maintain your membership with credit or debit via our PayPal portal.
- We use an online submission process and an electronic review process. We have also changed our "print" look so manuscripts take far fewer printed pages.
- Publication charges for members are $50/page, $100 for non-members. You can pay publication page charges with credit or debit card via our PayPal portal. Authors receive PDFs of published manuscripts.
Comments? We hope you like the look and added features. More will be coming, so be sure to check back again. We invite you to provide your feedback on our comments page to help improve the website.