Annual Meeting Registration opens February 1, 2023!
- Bradley University will be your host for the 2023 ISAS Annual Meeting.
- We will return to an in-person format for 2023.
- Unlike prior in-person meetings, it will be a 1-day affair on Saturday, April 15, 2023.
- The day-long event, from 8am to 8pm will include:
- poster and oral presentations,
- lunch and dinner, and
- awards and keynote presentations
Student Research Grant Applications
Student Research Grant Applications open each September/October, with awards for the following year dispersed by January 1.
- For 2023 grants, the application period has closed. It was open from October 1 through November 13, 2022.
- Awards will be announced in December, with the dispersal of funds to winners in January 2023.
2023 Student Research Grant Winners
December 27, 2022 – Congratulations to our 2023 Student Research Award Recipients.
- Jessica Harris (Eastern Illinois University)
- Merve Diler (Eastern Illinois University)
- Brianna Haase (Eastern Illinois University)
- Sahar Rashid (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville)
Our mission, from our founding in 1907, has been the promotion of scientific research, the diffusion of scientific knowledge, and the unification of scientific interests in Illinois. Beginning in 1907, we have held our annual meeting at varying locations around the state every year since. In addition, our refereed journal, Transactions, has been published continuously since its inaugural first volume in 1908. Learn more.
Incorporated in our principles is a strong commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
We Are an Open Access Refereed Journal
At the 2017 Annual Meeting, the Board decided to provide open access to all Transactions articles to the general public in support of free dissemination of research. Transactions remain a refereed journal!
At the 2019 Annual Meeting, Publication fees for members were reduced to $40/page!
For the general public:
- You can search our complete archive of published Transactions articles and book reviews by the author, year, or title (full or partial) from the search menu to the right, with the ability to download articles as PDFs. Publications back through 1936 are currently available. Those from 1908-1935 are in the process of being added to provide access to all from our very first 1908 publication.
- On our Annual Meeting page, you can also download the complete supplements for our meetings which include all abstracts for posters and oral presentations at our annual meetings, beginning with the 2008 meeting.
- We also list open positions shared by our members.
Added benefits for members:
- Attend our annual meeting each March/April.
- Submit an abstract proposal for an oral or poster presentation at the annual meeting.
- Students sponsored by an ISAS member can apply for a research grant. The 2022 application period is October 1 through November 13.
- Reduced publication costs in Transactions, $40/page for members, $100 for non-members
- Membership options with easy autorenewal with secure Stripe.
- We use an online submission process and an electronic review process. We have also changed our “print” look, so manuscripts take far fewer printed pages.
- Publication charges for members are $40/page, and $100 for non-members. You can pay publication page charges with a credit or debit card via our PayPal portal. Authors receive PDFs of published manuscripts.