Transactions, the refereed scientific journal of the Illinois State Academy of Science, has been published continually since its inaugural 1908 issue, moved to an online-only publication in 2014, and went fully open-access in 2017. Please take advantage of our searchable (author, title, year) database to view published works.
- Open access, including PDF download, is provided to all abstracts, reviews, and manuscripts.
- Abstracts for posters and presentations from our annual meetings since 2008 are also available from the Annual Meeting page.
Manuscripts back through 1942 are currently available. Older manuscripts back to the first issue of 1908 will be added as time permits.
- Guidelines for authors regarding manuscript preparation are provided here. Instructions for Authors
- Steps involved in submitting a manuscript are described here. Submit Manuscript Instructions
- Our Editor in Chief is Susan Meiers from Western Illinois University and our Webmaster and Production Editor is Tere North. The Division Chairs serve as the Section Editors for their respective divisions.